As part of the State University of New York, The College at Brockport is committed to providing affordable, comprehensive health plan options for faculty, and staff.
Main Page Content
Medical coverage is effective for new employees 42 days (56 days for MC, NYSCOPBA and APSU) after their start date (or obligation date). Employees are able to enroll eligible dependents with the appropriate proofs. Please contact the Benefits Administrator for a complete list.
- Local Plan Co-pay Comparison Chart: CSEA, M/C, NYSCOPBA and UUP
- Local Plan Co-pay Comparison Chart: APSU and PEF
- 2021 Premiums: All Unions
Change Your Health Insurance Carrier
Search our NYSHIP insurance carriers to find participating medical providers:
- Empire Plan Provider Look-up
- BCBS of WNY (HMO 210 NYSHIP)
- Blue Choice Provider (Use the Blue Choice plan)
- Independent Health (NYSHIP)
- MVP Provider Look-up (Use the HMO/POS plan)
State-wide NYSHIP Publications
Below you will find comprehensive booklets to describe our plans and rate choices for all of New York State based on geographical location.
- 2021 Health Insurance Choices Booklet
- 2021 APSU/PBANYS and PEF Empire Plan Supplemental Booklet
- 2021 Rates: CSEA, MC, NYSCOPBA and UUP
- 2021 Rates: APSU/PBANYS and PEF
- NYSHIP General Information Booklet-provides employees and their covered dependents with information regarding eligibility, enrollment, and other NYSHIP rules.
Opt Out Program
Eligible employees who have other employer sponsored group health insurance may opt out of their NYSHIP coverage in exchange for an incentive payment. Learn more about our Opt-out Program.
Young Adult Option Coverage
New York State law (Chapter 240 of the Laws of 2009) allows a young adult child up to age 30 to purchase coverage through his/her parent's group health insurance policy. This notice provides information about NYSHIP's Young Adult Option and compliance with the law. Explore options for young adult coverage.
Summer Health Coverage
Part-time adjunct professors and graduate/teaching assistants are eligible for summer coverage. Learn more about options.
Dental/Vision Benefits by Union
Dental and Vision coverage is provided for eligible employees and their eligible dependents at no additional cost to the employee. Please select your specific union for dental and vision plan information.
UUP Benefit Trust Fund: (800) 887-3863
CSEA Benefit Trust Fund: (800) 323-2732
|Management Confidential Coverage||Dental||Vision|
|Security Services Employees (NYSCOPBA/NU 21)||Dental||Vision|
|University Police Employees (APSU/NU 31)||Dental||Vision|