Parking Guide for the 2021/2022 Academic Year
Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) supports the diverse College community by managing assets and providing professional, efficient, and quality services. We work hard to provide safe and adequate parking facilities for all who drive on campus. Rules and regulations have been established in an effort to create an orderly environment. The guidelines found in this brochure should be read carefully. All persons driving and/or parking on campus are responsible for knowing and understanding these rules. Visit website for complete set of rules.
Registration/Use of Permit
- Year-round all vehicles parked on campus must be registered at brockport.edu/support/parking.
- Permits are issued in hangtag form and must be displayed on the rear view mirror and clearly visible.
- Permits are not transferable from person to person. You may not register a vehicle belonging to, or driven by a student, faculty, staff, or affiliate of the College. All employees must register their own vehicles and pay the proper fee. Do not lend your pass to anyone. Use “My Parking Portal” to manage your account.
- Lost, defaced, or stolen permits must be reported immediately to PTS and replaced. A permit that is reported lost and later found, must be returned to PTS. A replacement fee must be paid; exceptions are listed on website. Charges may be filed for falsifying an official document
- A non-refundable registration fee is included in the cost of all permits.
- Faculty/staff must pay for each vehicle registered. Should you forget to transfer the hangtag to another properly registered vehicle, stop at the Conrad Welcome Center for a temporary pass. This courtesy will be extended free of charge twice within the semester. After that, a fee may be imposed.
- Email email@example.com when you dispose of a vehicle so that we can update your information. Remove the permit before disposing of the vehicle to ensure the replacement fee is waived.
- For summer, winter session, and mid-semester break, parking in any lot (except lot L) is permissible, however parking rules will be enforced in metered, reserved, service, and handicapped spaces. Permits are required.
Overnight parking largely impacts snow removal operations. Overnight parking is restricted to lots B, J, and X for faculty/ staff. No overnight parking is allowed in commuter designated lots*. All vehicles must be removed from commuter lots by 2 am daily. Information on the College snow removal program can be obtained from the Office of Facilities & Planning. Lack of familiarity or failure to comply with these regulations can result in vehicles being ticketed and/or towed at the owner’s expense.
Exception: reserved and handicapped spaces
Open Parking/Permits not Required
Open parking is allowed in all lots, except lots A, C, and Y, and metered areas from 7 pm - 2 am, Monday - Thursday; and 5 pm Friday - 2 am Monday. Refer to our website for more information.
- Any vehicle parked on campus in violation may be immobilized, towed, and/or stored at the owner’s expense. The College accepts no liability for any damage as a result of this action.
- Accumulation of five or more unpaid violations may result in such action.
- Vehicles blocking traffic, blocking fire and emergency lanes, blocking dumpsters, or parked illegally in a handicapped space or a space marked as reserved will be towed immediately.
- A vehicle may be subject to a citation, revocation of campus registration, wheel immobilization,
and/or tow for the following violations:
- No permit
- Illegal use of permit
- Parking on grassy area
- Permit not properly displayed
- Parking in safety lane
- Parking in unauthorized lot
- Blocking crosswalks
- Blocking another motor vehicle
- Blocking sidewalk
- Parking in unauthorized reserved space
- Parking in unauthorized lot overnight
- Parking in fire lane or emergency zone—$50 fine
- Blocking fire hydrant—$50 fine
- Parking in roadway or driveway
- Parking in metered parking space after time expired
- Parking in metered space when meter is malfunctioning
- Parking in a service area or service drive
- Parking in space reserved for handicapped—$50 fine
- Parking in space posted as visitor parking (including Admissions)
- Exceed time allowed in 15-minute zone
- Parking in violation of temporary snow emergency instructions
- Unless other wise noted, fines for violations are $25. Second citations issued for the same subsequent violations will result in a $40 fine.
- Any person receiving a notice of a parking violation has the right to appeal within a period of 10 business days from the date of issuance. After this time, the right to appeal expires, and all violation charges and/or expenses incurred become automatically due and payable. Appeals are accepted online. Citation payment may be made via My Parking Account and all decisions are final.
- Penalty for non-payment of fines: Faculty/staff may be subject to payroll deduction. Applicable state and municipal laws and College policies also apply which could result in denial of driver’s license renewal or vehicle registration renewal with the DMV.
Blue Light & Yellow Box Phones
Emergency phones are installed throughout the campus in high-traffic interior and exterior areas. The phones provide immediate access to the University Police desk officer and may be used to report crimes, emergencies, and request escorts. You may also call 395-SAFE for an escort.
- Meters are available for short-term parking.They are intended for visitors or for those conducting short-term business in an area other than where their permit allows. Pay stations are located in lot T and V. Visitors using the pay station should park in lots T and V to accommodate all day parking for casual visitors. Payment accepted via the Parkmobile app.
- Provided time is shown on the meter. Refer to the map for meter locations.
- Fee is required from 6 am - 7 pm, Monday - Thursday; and 6 am - 5 pm, Friday. No overnight parking allowed. With a pay station receipt displayed, motorists may park in lots T, V or V1 during the day or lots V1 or X if parking overnight. After 4:30 pm until 2 am, vehicles may be parked in any commuter lot with the receipt displayed. If a meter is malfunctioning, do not park at the meter. Call PTS to report the malfunction and move your car to another location.
Charging stations are available in lots G1, N, and V. Download the ChargePoint app.
Service Vehicle Parking
“Service Vehicle Only” parking locations are available for all College or BASC-owned vehicles only. Faculty/staff displaying a blue permit may park in these spaces up to 15 minutes. Flashers must be used.
- Special parking may be granted by PTS in emergencies or under extraordinary circumstances.
- Admissions lot L is restricted to visitors and guests of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. An “Admissions” hangtag is required.
Visitor Parking is $5 per day
Visitors are required to properly register and pay appropriate fee. Several options are available:
- Metered spaces are in various parking areas. See map for locations. Payment can be made via ParkMobile app. Coins are also accepted at the meter.
- Pay stations are located in lots T and V. Payment can be made via the ParkMobile app. Coins and bills are also accepted at the pay station. Two-day parking is an option.
- Day permits are available at the Conrad Welcome Center. After hours, use option 1 or 2.
- Departments may reserve a meter for a fee. Submit the Guest Parking Request form, found online.
- For events with 10 or more participants, requests for group parking is required at least 3 weeks in advance. Submit the Guest Parking Request form, found online.
Admissions’ visitors, parents of enrolled students, attendees of large campus-hosted events, and members of various campus advisory boards are exempt from paying the $5 fee for a daily parking pass. Parents may park in all lots except for lot L. Refer to our website for more information.
Service and 15-minute areas may be used for this purpose and flashers must be on. If more than 15 minutes is needed, notify PTS.
Motorist Assistance Program
The following services are provided as a courtesy by PTS during business hours for:
- Jump starts
- Lock outs, upon approval
- Lock de-icing
- Tire inflation
Vehicles must be on College property. Response time is usually 10 – 20 minutes.
Reserved Parking/Private Parking
- Reserved parking spots are designated only for those departments, individuals, or their designees who have purchased the privilege to park in these spaces and display the appropriate hangtag.
- Parking in reserved spaces is strictly enforced, and is subject to towing or booting.
Parking for Persons with Disabilities
A valid parking permit and handicapped tag are required and both must be displayed
to park in an ADA space. Parking
is permissible in any lot regardless of its’ designation. Handicapped permits are issued by local town offices. PTS, in conjunction with Student Health Services, will provide special parking for students with a temporary condition. Medical documentation with an expiration date is required. The permit issued by PTS will be for a maximum of two weeks.
- Retirees and Emeriti may apply for the appropriate permit.
- These permits do not expire and are valid in any lot with the exception of lot L and at meters.
- Those returning on state payroll will be considered employees, and a registration fee will be required.
- All vehicles must have a Brockport parking permit.
- Visitors must park and pay at a meter, pay station, or obtain a parking permit from the Conrad Welcome Center. Use the Parkmobile payment app when applicable.
View our current map
|Blue (Faculty & Staff)||B, D, D1, E, F, G, H, J, K, M, N, N1, O, P, Q, R, S, T, V, X (6:30 am until 2 am)|
|Orange (Commuter)||D, D1, N, N1, O, P, R, T, V, V1, W, W1, X (6:30 am - 2 am)|
|Brown (Commuter)||D, D1, N, N1, O, P, R, T, V, V1, W, W1, X (4:30 pm - 2 am)|
|Yellow (Resident)||A, C (24 hours)|
|Purple (Resident)||Y (24 hours)
|Red||V1, X (24 hours)|
|Green (Community Rec)||T, V, V1 (6 am - 2 am)|
|Silver (Emeriti/Retiree)||All (except L; 6:30 am - 2 am)|
|Casual Visitors||Any (except lots A, C, L, Y)|
|Visiting Groups||Contact Parking and Transportation Services|
Authorized 24-hour parking area
- Blue permit: Lots B, M, X
- Red Permit: Lots V1, X
- Yellow Permit: Lots A, C
- Purple Permit: Lot Y
- Admissions permit: Parking area L
Designated Smoking Areas: Lots A and D1
Eco-Friendly Parking Spaces: Lots P, Q, S, T and W
Meter Locations: Lots D1, O, N, U, Tower East Lot, Allen Loop, Tuttle Loop, and Cooper
Pay Stations Location: Lots T and V
We Have an App for That
- Temporary parking: Parkmobile
- Track Shuttle: DoubleMap
- Electric Vehicle Parking: ChargePoint
- Public Transportation: RTS on Demand