|Category Name:||Human Resources|
|Responsible Unit:||Office of Affirmative Action|
|Responsible Cabinet Member:||VP for Administration and Finance|
|Last Revision Date:||2022-11-16|
|Last Review Date:||2022-11-16|
SUNY Brockport is committed to eliminating discrimination and providing equal opportunity in education and employment. SUNY Brockport, in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, takes affirmative steps to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status (including disabled veterans, armed forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans) in any of its policies, procedures, or practices. SUNY Brockport’s employment policies are designed to ensure that all applicants receive fair consideration for employment and that employees are treated equitably.
SUNY Brockport recognizes its duty to ensure equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants in all terms and conditions of employment.
This policy applies to all employees and applicants for employment.
DefinitionsAffirmative Action — The implementation of proactive measures in the recruitment and advancement of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
- The hiring manager and designated search committee are responsible for partnering with the Affirmative Action Officer who may advise the team in developing general procedures to ensure the most efficient distribution of information, especially where underrepresented minority placement goals may exist.
- Position qualifications are reviewed carefully to ensure that the description does not in itself discriminate.
- Whenever possible, the search committee should be composed of diverse members of the College community.
- All sourcing and advertising must indicate that we are an “Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.”
- The Affirmative Action Officer advertises each job announcement with the Recruitment Office’s contracted diversity sites and reviews each candidate pool to ensure diversity within the pool, especially where there is underrepresentation.
- Prior to a verbal offer, the Affirmative Action Officer reviews and approves all required forms pertaining to the search process.
Links to Related Procedures and Information
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||2027-11-16||Five-year review|
|Revision Date||2022-11-16||Policy updated throughout|
|Adoption Date||Unavailable||Policy Adopted|
This policy is approved by: