|Category Name:||Human Resources|
|Responsible Unit:||Office of Human Resources|
|Responsible VP:||VP for Administration and Finance|
|Adoption Date:||September 1, 1999|
|Last Revision Date:|
|Last Review Date:|
|Shared governance: none|
To permit qualified professional staff at The College at Brockport to be compensated for teaching credit-bearing courses at The College at Brockport.
There are no definitions for this policy at this time.
Members of the college's professional staff who possess requisite academic credentials, which include earned graduate or professional degrees in a field that is relevant to the teaching assignment, may, upon the invitation and approval of the appropriate academic department, teach one undergraduate or one graduate course per semester, as assigned by the academic department chair, provided ALL of the following provisions are followed:
- Teaching credit-bearing courses is not one of the duties of the professional staff member's regular performance program.
- The professional staff member meets all qualifications for the position as stipulated by the department.
- The course is scheduled and offered at a time that is outside the regular workday for the professional staff member.
- The professional staff member's supervisor approves the assignment and the request for extra service compensation. If, in the judgment of the professional staff member's supervisor, such assignment would conflict with the performance of the staff member's regular duties, the request for permission to perform additional duties for extra-service compensation will be denied.
- Extra-service compensation for this assignment does not exceed the compensation paid to other adjunct faculty in the department during the semester in which the course is offered.
The professional staff member's course will be supervised by the department chair, and will be subject to the course and instructor evaluation procedures that exist for all other courses in the department.
NOTE:An invitation to teach a course during a specific semester involves no expectation of renewal of this teaching opportunity.
Links to Related Procedures and Information
Extra Service Approval
Dual Employment Form
Extra Service Voucher
There is no contact information for this policy at this time.
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||September 1, 2002||Three year review|
|Adoption Date||September 1, 1999||Policy Adopted|