Visiting Student Financial Aid Policy

Main Page Content

Category Name: Student
Responsible Unit: Financial Aid
Responsible VP: VP for Administration and Finance
Adoption Date: Spring 2009
Last Revision Date:
Last Review Date:
Shared governance: none

Policy Statement

It is possible to receive financial aid if you are taking courses at another institution.




There are no definitions for this policy at this time.

Policy Procedures

If taking courses at another school and you would like financial aid from The College at Brockport and have not already transferred 64 credits from a two-year school or 90 credits from a two-year/four-year school combination, you must complete a consortium agreement formas well as a course approval form from Academic Advisement.

The consortium agreement needs to be completed by the host institution (the school you are visiting) and returned to The College at Brockport to process. You will also need to supply a completed Course Approval Form obtained from the Office of Academic Advisement. The Course Approval Form outlines the course(s) that you are approved to take at the host institution which will transfer back to The College at Brockport.

Both the consortium agreement and course approval form must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office by the Federal Credit Census date.

Links to Related Procedures and Information

There are no links for this policy at this time.

Contact Information

There are no links for this policy at this time.

History (in descending order)

Item Date Explanation
Next Review Date Spring 2012 Three year review
Adoption Date Spring 2009 Policy Adopted
Draft Review Date Draft Policy under 30-day Campus Review


Last Updated 10/27/20

Close mobile navigation