|Responsible Unit:||Hazen Center for Integrated Care|
|Responsible Cabinet Member:||VP for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs|
|Last Revision Date:|
|Last Review Date:|
Policy on transportation for off campus medical care.
There are no definitions for this policy at this time.
Transportation for Off Campus Medical Care
- Students sent from campus by a campus official to a local Rochester-area Emergency Department (typically by ambulance) are encouraged to find a friend or family member to return them to campus upon discharge.
- If unable to secure a ride, students should use Apple Transport 585- 427-7330. The agreed upon charge is $40 from Unity Hospital, which the College will pay. Apple will provide an invoice to the College for payment on a monthly basis. Cash payment is not required at the time of transport.
- Students returning from an alcohol or substance visit will be assessed a $50 fee for the transportation, which will be applied to their student account.
Students specifically referred by Hazen staff to a Brockport facility (eg Strong West Urgent Care, ASAP Urgent Care) may be transported by Hazen staff using the College car during regular business hours (8am – 4:45pm).
When Hazen is closed students who are medically stable (not needing an ambulance), and require off-campus urgent or emergency care should use their own, or have a friend/family member provide transportation.
- Ambulances can only transport to an Emergency Department, not Urgent Care
- Hazen staff will not transport students to a non-Brockport area medical facility.
- After-hours transportation is arranged by the student,either via friend/family or Apple Transport, at the student's expense.
- The College does not provide transportation for routine medical appointments.
- Residence Life staff cannot provide medical transportation.
FONEMED (nurse advice service) – available after regular office hours, call the Student Health Center and follow the instructions to connect with FONEMED. The nurse will help determine whether to seek medical care off-campus, and the level of care necessary.
Links to Related Procedures and Information
There are no links for this policy at this time.
Hazen Center for Integrated Care (585) 395-2414
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||2016-08-22||Three-year review|
|Adoption Date||2013-08-22||Policy Adopted|
|Draft Review Date||Draft Policy under 30-day Campus Review|