Purchasing Computer Hardware
This procedure allows for improved support services from Technology Support Services (TSS) by making sure that all systems meet campus minimum requirements, that limited resources are spent appropriately and that systems are not configured with unnecessary features that will raise the purchase price.
- The individual requesting must use the Self-Service Portal to obtain an approval for each purchase requisition prior to submitting the requisition to our office
- TSS staff will review each transmission and contact departments if changes are necessary to the computer specifications.
- Once approved by TSS, the ordering department and our office will be notified via email.
- The purchase order will be generated and delivery will be made directly to TSS.
- TSS will set-up and deliver the equipment to the ordering department. A quick guide can be found at the TPS Quick Guide.
Procurement & Payment Services and TSS strive to ensure campus computer equipment can be properly serviced by TSS and that departments are getting the best price available. Your cooperation with this policy is appreciated. Questions concerning this process should be directed to the IT Service Desk at 395-5151 option 1.
Below are several NYS Contracts available for the purchase of desktops, laptops and printers. More can be found by searching OGS contracts.
New York State Contract PM20820
Contact: Peter Castillo
Hewlett-Packard and Brother desktop printer requests must be directed to Procurement & Payment Services for assistance with vendor selection and competitive pricing.
Please contact Stacie Treahy for more information.