Procedure for Submitting Requisitions
When submitting a requisition:
- Include a complete description including part/model number, name of manufacturer
- Suggested vendor, estimated price
- Include descriptive literature, written pricing, or anything else that you have already obtained from a vendor
- Check to be sure funds are available in the account being charged
Some procurements require prior approval from Facilities and Planning, such as:
- Equipment requiring installation
- Equipment requiring utility modifications (natural gas, sanitary drains, water, ventilation, etc.)
- Equipment requiring room modifications
- Carpet installations
All deliveries made against purchase orders should be checked for accuracy immediately upon delivery. Any discrepancies with a delivery should be reported to Procurement & Payment Services within two days after delivery so that reports can be filed with the vendor and/or carrier and delay payment, if necessary.
Note: All inquiries concerning a purchase order must be made to Procurement & Payment Services referencing the purchase order or requisition number. Departments should not contact vendors directly with inquiries. Contact the Purchasing Office at (585) 395-2351 to check on the status of an order.
If an emergency or rush purchase is necessary, a requisition form can be brought, faxed to (585) 395-5885, or sent to Procurement and Payment Services with a notation indicating that it is a "walk-thru." The requisition must include a statement addressing the nature of the emergency. The vendor's copy of the order will, in most cases, be issued to the department or faxed to the vendor the same day.